Radek, what jobs can you get with a Marketing Degree? I’m wondering, what can I do with a Marketing Degree?
It’s hard to find a field of study more ubiquitous than marketing. Marketing is everywhere, and marketing majors can go in just about every direction: big business, small business, banking, government, politics, education, health care, real estate, nonprofits… and the list goes on. Potential employers range from the American Heart Association to Geico to CBS to Coldwell Banker. Wherever there are consumers, there will be job opportunities for marketing degree holders.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Overall employment of advertising, marketing, promotions, and sales managers is expected to grow about as fast as average over the next several years.
- Employment of market and survey researchers is expected to grow much faster than average; however, job opportunities will be most plentiful for those with a master’s degree or Ph.D.
- Employment of marketing managers will grow about as fast as average. Marketing managers are less subject to downsizing or outsourcing than other managers. Still, keen competition is to be expected for the best positions.
Visit the BLS for more information about Marketing Managers, Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists.
Careers you can get with a degree in marketing include:
- Advertising Professional
- Brand Director
- Internet Marketer
- Market and Survey Researcher
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Professional
- Marketing Writer
- Multi-Cultural Marketing Specialist
- Nonprofit Coordinator
- Promotions Director
- Public Opinion Researcher
- Public Relations Professional
- Sales Manager
- Sales Representative
- Sports Marketing Professional
- Survey Researcher
- Telemarketing Director