What Is Internet Marketing?
Internet Marketing is a new business degree that teaches students how to deliver products and services to customers via the Internet. You’ll learn about the fundamentals of marketing and how these principles are applied in our online world. This often includes online advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), website development and management, copywriting, social media, email marketing, and more. The specifics of this major are changing as we speak, as the field is a dynamic one.
Internet Marketing is most often a Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree.
Is Internet Marketing a Good Major / Degree for Me?
Are you interested in business? Are you a strong communicator? Do you like to work with computers? Do you like to spend lots of time online? Are you comfortable and confident working alone? Do you want to keep learning throughout your career? Then you might want to explore an online Internet Marketing Degree.
High School Classes Needed for an Internet Marketing Degree in College:
- 4 English Credits
- 3 Math Credits
- 3 Science Credits
- 3 Social Studies Credits
- 2 Foreign Language Credits
- If your high school offers the following courses:
- AP Computer Science
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP Statistics
Common Internet Marketing Courses in College:
- Corporate Leadership
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Managerial Accounting
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Strategies
- Multinational Corporate Environment
- Operations Management
- Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making
Similar Degree Programs You Might Want to Explore:
- Advertising Degree: the study of how to create and share persuasive messages
- Commercial Art Degree: an art major that focuses on using art in advertising
- Creative Writing Degree: the study of creating poems, fiction, nonfiction, and scripts
- Digital Media Degree: the study of electronic mass communications
- Marketing Degree: the study of how to best deliver products and services to customers
- Video Game Design Degree: the study of how to design, program, and create video games
Internet Marketing Careers:
Internet Marketing graduates often work for businesses or organizations in jobs such as: Internet Marketing Specialist; Pay Per Click Manager; Internet Marketing Project Manager; or Search Engine Optimization Specialist.
You might end up working for a grocery store, bank, or airline—any entity with an online presence. Many Internet Marketing majors work as freelancers, selling their services to several clients at one time. Some Internet Marketers find a niche (or two) and go into business for themselves.
As this career field is so dynamic, we are still discovering job opportunities that such a degree might lead to. And while there are many job openings, there are also many people interested in this line of work.